Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Screen Tests, Video Art & Others


Last year I visited exhibition Andy Warhol Motion Pictures, exhibition of artist's famous screen tests and silent movies and to be honest with you, dear readers, this became my favorite type of video art. It's very symbolic, emotional and in Warhol's case erotic. Some people wrongly consider this section of Warhol's work as some addition to his artworks. People, seriously? Just look at that and those shots are maybe even more than printed icons. They simply are alive icons. Some people might think this is disturbing, I think it's amazing. 


And why am I writing about exhibition I saw more than year ago? I found current screen tests of models before photo shooting on YouTube and this made me think about video art in general. I don't think many people does that, at least here in Czech republic even it's somewhere between photography and filming. I already checked my classes for the next year of study and we will have required classes of filming, so this could be a good preparation and I would have something to show already. Something to consider. 
Ok guys, leave a comment below what do you think about this type of art, because I'm curious what other people might think.

My favorite one


Have a good night/day/whatever is at your place...
Kisses T.

No comments:

Post a Comment